Law and Accountability
Laws & Regulations
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Federal Register Commentary on IDEA
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Office of Special Education and Programs (OSEP)
- Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education (MARSE)
- Michigan Compliance Standards for Special Education
- Procedural Safeguards Notice
- MDE Special Education Laws and Policies
- Early On Michigan
Michigan State Performance Plan
Due Process & State Complaints
Parents of Lenawee County students are encouraged to access facilitation and mediation resources through their building administrator, Special Education Regional Supervisor, local or LISD Special Education Director, and agencies like MSEMP.
If such steps do not adequately resolves issues in early intervention and special education, the ISD Monitor/Representative may also provide support, which may include assistance with problem solving, mediation, or filing a state complaint. Please contact Liz Nelson at email@example.com or 517-266-6973 for more information.