Law and Accountability
Laws & Regulations
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Federal Register Commentary on IDEA
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Office of Special Education and Programs (OSEP)
- Early On Michigan
- MDE Special Education Laws and Policies
- Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education (MARSE)
- Michigan Compliance Standards for Special Education
- Procedural Safeguards Notice
Michigan State Performance Plan
Due Process & State Complaints
Parents of Lenawee County students are encouraged to access facilitation and mediation resources through their building administrator, Special Education Regional Supervisor, local or LISD Special Education Director, and agencies like MSEMP.
If such steps do not adequately resolves issues in early intervention and special education, the ISD Monitor/Representative may also provide support, which may include assistance with problem solving, mediation, or filing a state complaint. Please contact Jody Howard at email@example.com or 517-265-1682 for more information.