Law and Accountability

Due Process & State Complaints


Parents of Lenawee County students are encouraged to access facilitation and mediation resources through their building administrator, Special Education Regional Supervisor, local or LISD Special Education Director, and agencies like MSEMP.

If such steps do not adequately resolves issues in early intervention and special education, the ISD Monitor/Representative may also provide support, which may include assistance with problem solving, mediation, or filing a state complaint. Please contact Jody Howard at or 517-265-1682 for more information.