Lenawee County Education Foundation
2020 Strokes for Student Non-Event
Thank You to Our Sponsors and Donors
The Lenawee County Education Foundation (LCEF) is grateful to the sponsors and donors who supported the Strokes for Students program in 2020. This spring would have marked the 25th annual LCEF Strokes for Students Golf Outing, but the event, like many others this year, was canceled due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic related state and local public health guidance. However, the generosity of donors enabled LCEF to continue to provide financial assistance to Lenawee County through higher education scholarships, job readiness training grants, and teacher innovative and enrichment grants.
Since the event began in 1985, Strokes for Students has funded over 400 individual $1,000 scholarships to graduating Lenawee County seniors. This year’s recipients were:
- Nicholas Justus (Addison)
- Trinity Vargas (Adrian)
- Jordan Crane (Blissfield)
- Cole Shiels (Britton Deerfield)
- Garrett Ramos (Clinton)
- Drew Marry (Hudson)
- Carly Rutter (Lenawee Christian)
- Anna Loar (LISD TECH Center)
- Reece Yeager (Madison)
- Walker Whitehouse (Morenci)
- Hunter Gibbs (Onsted)
- Noah Benge (Sand Creek)
- Lauren Swallow (Tecumseh)
2020 Strokes for Students Sponsors
- Farver Foundation
- Adrian Steel Company
- Sage Foundation
- Gleaner Life Insurance Society
- Clift Buick-GMC
- The Daily Telegram
- Groeb Family Holdings
- Gross, Puckey, Gruel, & Roof, P.C.
- Kapnick & Company, Inc.
- Adrian College
- Krieghoff of Lenawee Co.
- Adrian Mechanical Services
- Arbor Trust Wealth Advisors
- Old National Bank
- Rima Manufacturing
- Schmidt & Sons Pharmacies
- Adrian Insurance Agency
- Blissfield State Bank
- Gurdjian Insurance Group
- Keller Insurance
- Kemner-Iott Benz Agency
- Citizens Gas Fuel Co.
- Frank Dick
- Wilnella Bush
- Michael T. Diment, M.D.
- David Hickman Family
- Pat Farver
- Deb Farver
- Brett Farver
- Brandon Farver
- John & Sue Wanke
- Jerry & Pat Gallagher
- Jim & Janice Hammond
- James & Carolyn Feldkamp
- Barbara Ross
- James & Deanna Hartley
- James & Sandra McClellan
- Joseph & Martha Melcher
- J.Martin & Nancy Thompson
- Steve & Karen Krusich
- Mark & Lisa Haag
- Henry & Lorraine Mensing
- Ann Hinsdale-Knisel
To receive and disburse funds, property, and gifts of any kind exclusively for the benefit of the Lenawee Intermediate School District and its educational system.
The Lenawee County Education Foundation (LCEF) utilizes community donations to provide financial support for innovative educational programs that are not ordinarily provided through a school’s general operating budget. The LCEF enhances the work of the Lenawee Intermediate School District (LISD) by serving as the primary fund development arm of the school district. Through the LCEF, the LISD is also able to solicit grant funding and corporate and individual donations for LISD sponsored programs.
Since its inception in 1985, the LCEF has:
- Awarded over $6.5 million in approximately 6,000 scholarships to Lenawee County students
- Provided over $260,775 in 602 mini-grants to Lenawee County teachers for innovative classroom programs
- Awarded over $85,000 through Ronald Reeves Job Readiness Training grants
- Raised over 600,000 to aid in the construction of the LISD William J. Ross Education Services Center
- Raised over $500,000 to aid in the construction of the Stubnitz Environmental Education Center
- Securing the funding necessary for construction of the Center for a Sustainable Future
- Raised over $100,000 to enrich special education programs
- Provided funds for numerous innovative projects in partnership with local schools and colleges.
The Lenawee County Education Foundation is about more than simply raising money. It is about changing the future for Lenawee students and families. Through the generous contributions of the Lenawee community and those from outside of the community who support our efforts, we are able to improve life for Lenawee students.
The LCEF is a recognized 501(c)3 organization and as a result, donations made to the LCEF are eligible for tax benefits. Donors should consult their personal financial adviser to determine how to best maximize the benefits of supporting the LCEF.
2018 Board of Trustees
Frank Dick, Chairman
Patrick Farver, Vice Chairman
David Hickman, Treasurer
Stanley Caine, Secretary
Garry Clift, Doug Gray, Kelli Groeb-Peters, Suann Hammersmith, Ann Hinsdale-Knisel, Karol "KZ" Bolton, Kathryn M. Mohr, Jan Parson, Martha Poppink Melcher, Theresa Powers, Sheila Schwartz, Martin Thompson, H. Ronald Griffith, Rod Pender
Lenawee Youth Council Representative
L. Donald Bush, Director Emeritus
Betty Gross, Honorary Trustee
Linda Herrick, Honorary Trustee
Stephen Krusich, Honorary Trustee
James Philp, Honorary Trustee
William J. Ross, Honorary Trustee
James Hartley, LISD Board of Education
Stacy Johnson, Superintendent's Association
Mark Haag, LISD Superintendent
John Wanke, Executive Director
Our Local Partners
The Lenawee County Education Foundation is pleased to support Lenawee County local school district foundations and their efforts to provide support to individual district students and staff.