Lenawee County Education Foundation
2020 Annual Report
2022 Strokes for Students Golf Tournament
Monday, May 16, 2022, 8:00 AM
Tecumseh Golf Club (New Location)
5200 Milwaukee Rd
Tecumseh, MI 49286
Strokes for Students is a Student Pro-Am format event, where a golf team student from a local high school plays with a team of four in a scramble format. The proceeds from this event provide scholarships, job readiness training, and teacher grants to our community.
LCEF is seeking teams and sponsors for this spectacular event! View the 2022 Strokes for Students registration form for more information.
To receive and disburse funds, property, and gifts of any kind exclusively for the benefit of the Lenawee Intermediate School District and its educational system.
The Lenawee County Education Foundation (LCEF) utilizes community donations to provide financial support for innovative educational programs that are not ordinarily provided through a school’s general operating budget. The LCEF enhances the work of the Lenawee Intermediate School District (LISD) by serving as the primary fund development arm of the school district. Through the LCEF, the LISD is also able to solicit grant funding and corporate and individual donations for LISD sponsored programs.
Since its inception in 1985, the LCEF has:
- Awarded over $6.5 million in approximately 6,000 scholarships to Lenawee County students
- Provided over $260,775 in 602 mini-grants to Lenawee County teachers for innovative classroom programs
- Awarded over $85,000 through Ronald Reeves Job Readiness Training grants
- Raised over 600,000 to aid in the construction of the LISD William J. Ross Education Services Center
- Raised over $500,000 to aid in the construction of the Stubnitz Environmental Education Center
- Securing the funding necessary for construction of the Center for a Sustainable Future
- Raised over $100,000 to enrich special education programs
- Provided funds for numerous innovative projects in partnership with local schools and colleges.
The Lenawee County Education Foundation is about more than simply raising money. It is about changing the future for Lenawee students and families. Through the generous contributions of the Lenawee community and those from outside of the community who support our efforts, we are able to improve life for Lenawee students.
The LCEF is a recognized 501(c)3 organization and as a result, donations made to the LCEF are eligible for tax benefits. Donors should consult their personal financial adviser to determine how to best maximize the benefits of supporting the LCEF.
2021-2022 Board of Trustees
Frank Dick, Chairman
Patrick Farver, Vice Chairman
David Hickman, Treasurer
Martha Poppink-Melcher, Secretary
Garry Clift, Doug Gray, Kelli Groeb-Peters, Joe Williams, Ann Hinsdale-Knisel, Karol "KZ" Bolton, Kathryn M. Mohr, Jan Parson, Theresa Powers, Sheila Schwartz, Martin Thompson, H. Ronald Griffith, Rod Pender, Marcy Brown, Stanley Caine, Michael J. Howe, Jim McClellan, Jr.
Lenawee Youth Council Representative
Betty Gross, Honorary Trustee
Linda Herrick, Honorary Trustee
Stephen Krusich, Honorary Trustee
James Philp, Honorary Trustee
James Hartley, LISD Board of Education
Jim Cracraft, Superintendent's Association
Mark Haag, LISD Superintendent
John Wanke, Executive Director
Our Local Partners
The Lenawee County Education Foundation is pleased to support Lenawee County local school district foundations and their efforts to provide support to individual district students and staff.