Each year, the LISD TECH Center recognizes three successful former students who completed a program at the LISD TECH Center. Launched in 2013, the Distinguished Alumni award is given to former students who have demonstrated excellence and success in their careers and are involved in the community.
Nominations are due by the end of the day January 24, 2020.
To be eligible, nominees must:
- Be a former LISD TECH Center (formerly Lenawee VoTech) alumnus who has been graduated ten years or more from a Lenawee County school.
- Demonstrate excellence and success in their professional career.
- Show evidence of professional accomplishments and community involvement.
- Have been involved in a Career Technical Education (CTE) program or other activity which promotes or aligns with the LISD Mission, Vision, Purpose, and Core Values.
- Anyone may submit a nomination online by completing and submitting the nomination form.
- LISD TECH Center Support Team members will review nominations and recommend finalists.
- Finalists are contacted by Support Team members and asked to submit a résumé, three references, and a paragraph outlining community involvement.
- Finalist recommendations and nominations are brought to LISD Administrative Review Team for final review and selection.
- Background checks are conducted by LISD Staff Resources.
- Recipients are notified by LISD TECH Center Support Team member in the spring.
- Ceremony will be held Monday, May 11, 2020.