5 Desired Outcomes
Lenawee Cradle to Career is a community-comprised partnership working to ensure pathways of success for every child, every step of the way, cradle to career. We are a member of StriveTogether, a national network of cross-sector partnerships.
Our partnership includes an Executive Team, Community Leadership Team, and five Student Success Networks supported by a Data Team working collectively to ensure every child in Lenawee County:
- Is school-ready by kindergarten
- Reads and writes by third grade
- Personally engages in learning throughout middle & high school
- Graduates with confidence from high school
- Is enrolled, enlisted, or pursuing employment of choice within one year of graduation
These 5 desired outcomes are based on a Lenawee County Strategic Plan facilitated by Lenawee C2C in Fall 2016, providing clarity and direction to the work of each C2C Student Success Network:
- The percentage of students scoring at benchmark for kindergarten readiness will increase from 50% to 85% by 2022, as measured by the BRIGANCE assessments, administered by local districts in the spring before students enter kindergarten.
- The percentage of students proficient in reading by the end of grade 3 will increase from 48.8%to 55%, as measured by the M-STEP 3rd Grade Assessment in spring 2020.
- The learners of Lenawee County will be given opportunity to access and master content and skills through individualized (customized) learner-centered programming.
- The percentage of students graduating from high school earning a certificate of completion will increase from 86% to 100% by August 2023, as measured by the five-year cohort of the Class of 2023, as reported by the Michigan Department of Education.
- The percentage of Lenawee County high school graduates enrolling in their post-secondary choices within the first year after high school graduation will increase from 66% to 73% by the end of 2019, using data from the National Student Clearinghouse and workforce databases.