Online Learning and Section 21f of School State Aid Act
Section 21f expands access to digital learning options for Michigan students in grades 6 – 12 who are enrolled in a Michigan public school or public school academy. These students may take up to two online courses per term with consent from a parent or guardian.
Official resources can be found at Michigan’s Online Course Catalog.
Resources of particular interest include
- Course catalogs (local and statewide)
- Frequently Asked Questions document (regularly updated)
- Section 21f Toolkit
- Parent Guide to Online Learning (pdf)
There are many important considerations to think about before starting online coursework. The sites below feature interactive surveys which may help determine your readiness for taking classes online.
- Online Readiness Survey from Penn State University
- Online Learning Readiness Assessment from San Diego Community College