Meet Ann Hinsdale-Knisel, Community Relations Coordinator, the August 2017 recipient of the STAFF OF THE MONTH AWARD.
Ann is being recognized as the Staff of the Month not only for her contributions in the past month, setting a great example of living out the district mission, but also over the span of 10+ years of service to the students, staff, and community of Lenawee County.
Ann exemplifies the LISD Mission: “Through meaningful relationships, the LISD walks side-by-side in support of every learner through personalized service, innovative programs, and engaged leadership.” The following are just a few examples of how Ann exhibits and lives this mission statement:
• Lenawee Cradle to Career leadership;
• Involvement with One Lenawee; in particular their “community visioning” work in recent months;
• Lenawee County Fine Arts Festival, in particular the addition of activities purposefully designed for students with
disabilities and special needs;
• Involvement with the Lenawee County Humans Services and Health Collaborative;
• Leadership in organizing LISD presence at the Lenawee County Fair to create better awareness for all Lenawee County
citizens and community members of the learning opportunities offered by the LISD;
• Ann’s ever-present care and concern for staff members at the LISD and local districts, as she takes time to be genuinely
concerned about each employee and their families.
These are just a few of the ways that Ann has “led by example” of being an exemplary employee throughout her career (including the Month of August 2017!) at the Lenawee Intermediate School District.
We will sincerely miss Ann in her retirement as a champion for the LISD Purpose – “To empower learners and create opportunities for success.”