About the LISD
The Lenawee Intermediate School District (LISD) is one of 57 intermediate school districts established in Michigan in 1962. ISDs are regional service agencies that offer support services to school personnel that are best delivered regionally, as measured by cost, size and quality advantages. The LISD is an autonomous, tax supported public school district governed by the laws of the State of Michigan.
The mission of Michigan’s educational service agencies (ISDs, RESAs, RESDs) is to provide visionary leadership and quality services to strengthen teaching and learning for all citizens.
The LISD supports a wide array of individuals and organizations. Some of our many customers include:
-11 public school districts (Addison, Adrian, Blissfield, Britton Deerfield, Clinton, Hudson, Madison, Morenci, Onsted, Sand Creek, Tecumseh) that provided educational opportunities for 15,349 during the 2015-2016 school year.
-One public school academy in Lenawee County, LifeTech Academy
-Five private schools in Lenawee County, educating 786 students during the 2015-2016 school year.
-Homeschool students – the number of homeschool students in Lenawee County for 2015-2016 is unknown, as only those who wish to report for access to services from public schools.
-The Lenawee Intermediate School District offers programs and educational settings for our county students receiving special educational services, vocational opportunities, and early college learning.
-The communities of Addison, Adrian, Blissfield, Britton, Cambridge, Cement City, Clayton, Clinton, Deerfield, Dover, Fairfield, Franklin, Hudson, Macon, Madison, Medina, Morenci, Ogden, Onsted, Palmyra, Raisin, Ridgeway, Riga, Rollin, Rome, Seneca, Tecumseh, Woodstock.
-Hundreds of Lenawee County businesses.
The LISD……the Journey starts Now.
Through meaningful relationships, the LISD walks side-by-side in support of every learner through personalized service, innovative programs, and engaged leadership.
To empower learners and create opportunities for success.
Through honest communication, mutual trust, integrity, and transparency, the LISD is an inclusionary leader in education that models the following core values with all of its stakeholders:
• The LISD is a learner-centered organization that believes everyone is always learning and can gain knowledge anywhere, anytime, anyplace, at any pace from anyone.
• The LISD embraces innovation by providing opportunities, motivation, creativity, exploration, risk taking, and experimenting.
• The LISD believes that service is the fundamental reason the LISD exists.
• The LISD will model an inspiring organization in the delivery of all its services.
• The LISD is a future driven organization that embraces continuous improvement, change, new technology and will lead in research for academic, professional development and operational best practices.
• The LISD will lead by practicing, cultivating, and developing leadership opportunities through service, partnerships and collaboration.
• The LISD will be a collaborative organization that seeks input, listens to students, local school districts and all stakeholders, embraces teamwork, and works together to improve opportunities and learning.